By Jide Allen
The need for a quick, smart and less stressful means to achieve results at construction sites cannot be over emphasized. Porta Cabin, which can also be described as removable buildings or portable cabins are creatively designed building structure orchestrated in a way to provide temporary solutions to be used as site offices or any other temporal facility near a site location. Porta cabin are constructed with steel and are reliable as traditional building structures.
Despite the temporal nature of Porta cabin, they are capable of possessing all the features and qualities that are known with traditional building structures. This type of building structure is deigned in such a way that it can be easily transported from one location or the other when the need arises.
Below are some of the unique benefits associated with Porta cabin;
1) Affordability/Low Cost
Porta Cabins when compared to conventional building structures, offer cost effectiveness and high level of affordability. This is because, the cost attached with buying related materials needed for Porta cabin are most times gotten at low prices, which gives companies or individuals in need of it some financial breathing space.
2) Easily Modifiable
An exceptional benefit of Porta cabin is the ease at which this sort of structures can be easily assembled and disassembled to meet the desired demands that maybe be required. This sort of benefit is far-fetched with traditional permanent buildings.
3) Time Saving
It’s unarguable that the duration required in building permanent structures requires a whole lot of time. However, in comparison with Porta cabin, there’s a wide difference in timeframe. Since this type of structure comes with necessary facilities and the materials needed for it are effectively in place, a lot of time is been saved during construction process.
4) Occupies Less Space
The outlook and finished view of Porta Cabin signifies that often than not, it occupies less space, giving room for other sort of functions that requires more space to be carried out.
4) Easy To Move About
Another great benefit of Porta cabin is the ease attached with transporting and relocating it from one location to another. The light weighted materials used to construct this type of temporary structures, allows them to be moved about with less effort required.
In this present age, a lot of attention is given to facilities that can be temporarily used and moved about, making it an attractive option in our ever growing business environments. Although Porta cabin are mostly associated with construction companies, it is now commonly adopted in other sectors and industries. The manner at which they are assembled and carefully constructed makes them adaptable to any weather or environmental conditions, making them a reliable option to conventional buildings.
Hopefully, the listed benefits of Porta cabin would enlighten you more on why it is needed as a reliable option to save you from spending more compared to conventional buildings when the needed arises for it.
At Easyporta Global Limited, we offer Porta Cabin that are of exceptional quality which are needed on construction sites or other off site ventures across different sectors.
Let’s help you construct a durable and beautiful Porta Cabin structure today.
Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below and don’t forget to share on various social media channels.
By Jide Allen
One of the most prominent demand of people living in Nigeria is having absolute comfort in every aspect of life. Sometimes this wish might seem impossible, but there is always a way out if we’re more open minded to finding solutions that would give us the imaginary comfort we desire.
One aspect of life comfort is adequately required, are buildings and structures that make us feel at ease when we find ourselves in the confinement of structures made with concrete, cement and stones. Nobody wants to be within the four walls of a building that offers zero comfort and non-appealing outlook.
It is for the sole reason of finding creative solutions to the traditional way of building structures for different purposes, the architectural world have devised a way to ensure there are better alternatives to the conventional building structures we’re used to. One of this enviable alternative is the use of steel or shipping containers to build amazing structure to serve different purposes without neglecting the goal of comfortability.
Shipping containers are generally manufactured from high tensile Corten (anti-corrosion) steel, which makes them durable and capable of overcoming adverse conditions. Hence, the purpose of this article is to reveal to you benefits of building with shipping containers in Nigeria.
1) Mobility: Shipping containers offer the irresistible option of mobility which you can hardly come across with traditional building structures. Imagine you have the luxury of moving your apartment or location from one place to another to suit your comfort; Extraordinary right? This benefit puts you in a better stead to move container structures to designated location of your choice at any point in time.
2) Affordability: Another massive advantage of building with shipping containers is the affordable cost attached with it compared to traditional building materials. Shipping containers provide the luxury that comes with structures built with concrete, which gives you the opportunity to save more cash and embark on other activities e.g; Exterior and interior design upgrades on your container structure without having to break the bank compared with traditional building.
3) Speedy Construction: This is one of the outstanding benefits of building with shipping containers. Building traditional structures for whatever purpose can take minimum of four months to twelve months above before complete construction is well executed. However, building with shipping containers can be done within two months or less, depending on the complexity of the project. This reason for this is because there are lesser materials needed for construction purpose compared to traditional built structures.
Immediately the shipping containers are ordered and brought to your designated location, the process of construction has an headway already. That is why companies in Nigeria have begun to adopt this style of building with shipping containers because they can be completed within a short time frame and used effectively in any designated environment.
4) Flexibility: One big benefit of building structures with shipping containers is the flexibility that comes with construction task. There’s an added advantage of converting containers to any of your desired specification on any site location and thereafter, transport them to your designated location once the fabrication and modification process has been duly completed. The flexibility of building with containers also enables you to have structures thrive in remote places where traditional concrete structures would not be advisable.
5) Solidity and Toughness: Another notable benefit of building with shipping containers is the solidity and toughness it offers that makes it resistant to harsh weather conditions. They are more than strong enough to carry out any function that is required. However, regular maintenance is needed to prevent them from rusting.
Furthermore, shipping containers can be built and converted for the following purpose;
Our aim with this article is to bring you up to speed with the awesome benefits that comes with going creative in using shipping containers to design construct any structure needed for any purpose.
However, this article does not in anyway disregard the amazing advantage that comes with building structures with regular concrete and bricks we’re used to. But points out other ways we could achieve comfortability we so crave for.
Would you be interested in building with shipping containers? Let us know your opinion in the comment section below.
We at Easyporta Global Limited have built a substantial reputation in shipping and building container projects to meet the standard of our clients. Therefore, if you’re considering shipping containers or building a container home for yourself simply contact us below.
By Jide Allen
One of the most confronting challenges experienced by Nigerians, is the issue of accommodation in the country. Over the years, this major challenge has denied many individuals from living in their comfort zone or dream home as they would wish for, either because of money issues, or the stress associated with owning a house in Nigeria.
One of the modern solution that has been identified to reduce the problem of accommodation in the country is the adaptation of shipping container homes in Nigeria. This architectural trend is yet to be fully recognized my most people living in the country. Hence, the purpose of this write-up is to enlighten Nigerians the pro’s and con’s that accompanies shipping container housing in the country. Below are 9 important factors you must note about shipping container housing;
1) Cost Factor: The pricing for shipping containers, is an important factor that must be put into consideration while deciding to opt in for container homes. Most individuals in the country are often discouraged by the cost that comes with containers, but this should not be an obstacle considering the logistics attached. The average costs for containers are:
20ft (6m) – N550,000
40ft (12m) – N650, 000
The above estimated cost includes further logistics e.g transportation to designated location.
2) Specifications of Container: The desired dimension of containers may vary, but the average specification of containers to be considered ranges between;
Length – 6m (20 foot) or 12m (40 foot)
Height – 2.5m
Width – 2.4m
3) Duration of Construction: The timeframe attached with the completion of shipping containers is not specific. This is as a result of differences in the size and complexity of the project to be embarked on. But the average duration falls between weeks or months depending on the nature of the project. Also note that shipping containers could be constructed on the designated site or off site if there’s shortage of space in which they can be later moved to the desired location with a truck.
4) Safety and Security: Another factor to be considered is the security that comes with shipping containers. In Nigeria safety and security is an important priority for her citizens due to the shortcomings experienced overtime in this area. Thus the designed structure of containers which comes with strong and robust parts and surfaces enables it to be exposed to regular rough handling. Therefore, it can’t be easily broken into with ease. This would go a long way in easing off security fears and enable anyone go about his or her normal activity as carried out in a concrete designed structure.
5) Structural Longevity And Life Span: One of the frequently asked questions about container homes, is how long can it last? The sincere answer to this is simply as long as possible with proper maintenance. This type of structure mostly originate from Corten steel which are stronger than traditional steel which is less prone to corrosion. Container structures are more potent and stronger than wooden, concrete and the average regular steel buildings. Irrespective of how they are built, they offer strong resistance to any sort of Natural disaster which enables it longevity.
6) Exterior and Interior Design: Considering the visible difference between container structures and the traditional concrete structures, on tends to wonder if the exterior and interior view of a container home can look appealing to the eyes. Definitely, it is possible to actualise any kind of design you envisage with a concrete structure to be done with a home structure made with containers. This is what makes shipping container housing special in it’s kind, it gives room for enough creativity and innovative design that would surely make your home stand out and look attractive like the conventional structures made with concrete and blocks.
7) Comfortability and Temperature: Many tend to wonder if shipping container homes can give the comfort one desires. This is absolutely possible, considering the fact that shipping containers are made from metals which are good conductors of heat. Furthermore, containers have to be carefully and properly insulated in other to regulate temperature during rainy and dry season.
8) Regulations Governing Container Housing: Due to the slow adoption of container homes in Nigeria, most States are yet to come up with substantial regulations that would govern shipping container housing in the country. However, it is advisable to secure permits to guarantee the establishment of your container home, to avoid unnecessary issues in the future when laws would have been fully put in place to govern this method of housing in the country.
9) Companies Who Specialize in Container Housing: It is expedient that as you imagine and determined to have a container home structure of your own, the professional requirements and standard associated with building this kind of structures are given to recognized and ideal professionals in this field. There are several companies who are involved in shipping containers activities and as such finding the perfect one to actualise your dream home can not be negotiated.
The above factors highlighted above, are few out of many to be adequately considering while deciding to possess or own a container home.
We at Easyporta Global Limited have built a substantial reputation in shipping and building container projects to meet the standard of our clients.
Therefore, if you’re considering shipping containers or building a container home for yourself simply contact us below.
easyporta global limited are not only proud to be one of the leading providers of durable, versatile portable cabins and modular buildings, but also in our ability to make the transportation, placement and installation process a smooth one. We’re not only industry leaders in the refurbishment and sale of portable buildings, but lead the field as modular building installers and modular building relocation specialists.
Our vast range of portable cabins and modular buildings will no-doubt have the facility to suit your needs. Whether you need portable cabins for site security, portable toilets for work sites and events or modular classrooms, we’ll have the perfect facility for you. As expert modular building installers you can rest assured that we’ll have your portable cabin delivered, unloaded and installed in no-time with the aid of our modular building transport and crane hire services.
Site preparation and groundworks are crucial to ensuring that your new or relocated Modular Building is installed safely, efficiently and correctly.
The Portable Facilities Project Management and Site Team have over 30 years’ experience in this field so can take care of every aspect including pad and strip foundations, drainage, service connections, pathways, ramps and steps. We are fully insured to carry out these works ensuring client piece of mind that the works are being carried out professionally and safely.
Portable Facilities are experts in supplying fully insured specialist transport and crane hire for Portable Buildings and Modular Buildings.
We take care of all the logistics including, Wide load permits, Abnormal load escort vehicles, Road closures, Parking suspensions, Specialist Step frame trailers and Crane assisted transport.
Mobile cranes are supplied with lifting capacities suitable to the project, Crane hire is always supplied under a fully insured contract lift including qualified banksmen, slingers and Appointed person who is responsible for managing all aspects of the lift operation safely and in accordance with Risk and Method statements.
We carry out site surveys ensuring Health & Safety is a priority supported by detailed Risk and Method statements along with lift plans and certifications.
Installing Modular Buildings can be a complicated and difficult task and requires excellent planning and communication. Our team of modular building installers has the expertise and knowledge to ensure that any difficulty is normally overcome safely and efficiently, thus ensuring the Modular Installation programme is maintained.
The installation of a large facility, involving the placement and connection of several large modular buildings, may take on average up to only three days, though of course every job is different and you’ll be receiving constant updates regarding estimated times and logistical issues.
Get in touch with us and we can discuss the details of your project and how we can meet your requirements. With years of experience in the field of the construction, transportation and installation of portable cabins, modular buildings and movable facilities under our belts, we’re certain that with our help you can have a new building up and ready for work in a fraction of the time it would take to construct a new bricks-and-mortar building.
The below is a concise summary of how to install the balcony 2 system.
Thinking about insulating a solid wall? Unsure whether to opt for internal or external wall insulation, or both? This article looks at the pros and cons of each approach and lists some of the potential problems encountered when insulating a solid wall.
External wall insulation involves applying an insulating layer and a decorative weatherproof finish to the outside wall of a building. The external cladding or render is generally the major cost, so you want to maximize the amount of insulation to maximize the benefits.
Airtight membranes with variable vapour resistance are known as intelligent membranes. These have the almost magical property of being able to resist vapour migrating into structural elements, particularly in timber frame constructions, to fight interstitial condensation over the lifetime of the building. They are recommended for solid walls whether the insulation is internal or external.
They consist of a sheet with various layers that allow or obstruct moisture-laid air from passing through it according to the relative humidity, temperatures and pressures on either side. For example, if a room has high temperature and humidity and it is cold on the outside it would prevent the moisture from travelling outwards and risk condensing on cold surfaces.
Conversely, when it is cooler on the inside and there is less humidity, moisture can gradually return to help dry out the interstitial space.
Walls should have a U-value of less than 0.30 W/m2K to meet Building Regulations. Around 120mm of insulation will usually achieve this. Half of this value, i.e. double this depth, should on average be aimed for to achieve around Passivhaus standard.
Insulating external walls can save on average between £450 and £500 a year on heating costs, and around 1.8-2 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions for a typical dwelling.
The payback on internal insulation is around 10-11 years, and on external insulation around 15-17 years on average, but this really depends on the amount of insulation applied, the way the building is occupied and the state of the rest of the dwelling, so this figure should be confirmed in individual cases.
In an earlier article, I compared and ranked the best thermal insulation materials. Of relevance to this topic is that walls should be able to ‘breathe’ in order to prevent condensation. This means that the best choice is natural materials, including wood fiberboard, mineral wool batts and rolls. Polyurethane, polystyrene and phenolic foam boards do not ‘breathe’.
So, is it best to insulate on the inside or the outside of an external wall? There is no one definitive answer to this question, as it depends on the particular case. However, all other things being equal, external will give better results than internal insulation.
Construction is indisputably a complex industry.
Each construction project involves dozens, if not hundreds, of stakeholders and participants. Projects involve a great degree of detail, and while the construction industry has been doing well without software for millennia, technology has afforded contractors a route to make the building process faster, easier, safer, and more profitable.
If you’re in the business of home renovation, you may have encountered a growing trend of homeowners looking to restore their properties. In fact, home restoration is becoming more popular, and it’s bringing a slew of new regulations along with it.
Easyporta Global Limited was founded in April 2005 as a private limited liability company and today is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic construction and civil engineering companies in Nigeria.
Address: 25a, Opposite Zenith Bank,
Old Yaba Road, Yaba, Lagos State.
Tel: 08023188356, 08188040699, 07066513117